If you enjoy gardening and growing veggies at home, our kitset raised garden beds make it easy to grow your own herbs and crops, even in a small space. Spend the day tending to your garden beds while saving your back. Perfectly suited to growing small plots and designed to keep pests out, our garden bed range makes for the perfect backyard project for kids and adults alike.
Help your plants and produce thrive with a raised garden bed
Our low-price vegetable planter boxes are perfect for a flower bed or for growing produce. The vegetable garden box containers create good drainage for water and form a barrier to protect against pests. The raised bed steel panels, joins, and edges provide numerous benefits: they won’t corrode, rust, or get holes in them, nor will they leach chemicals into the ground.
Minimal assembly is required, making it easy for you to install your garden boxes without much work using the screws included. Our beds vary in width, height, and weight, so measure your yard and choose a size to suit the area. You’ll love to spend time outside in the fresh air enjoying your vegetables or flowers for years to come.
How to build a raised vegetable garden?
1. Choose the right location for your raised garden bed. Keep in mind how much direct sunlight your plants will need.
2. Assemble your garden bed using the supplied screw kit and your electric drill.
3. Establish and mark out the area your raised garden bed will cover. Measure from the outside edge of each side.
4. Prepare the earth with a sod cutter or hoe. Turn the soil under the base to increase drainage for your plants.
5. Place the raised garden box frame over the prepared soil and check its position to ensure the base is level. Dig out any dirt until it sits evenly on all sides.
6. Mix soil and compost and fill to roughly 2 to 3 inches from the top of the frame.
7. Plant your seeds. Add starter fertiliser and cover with a layer of dirt.
8. Water plants thoroughly and add mulch to your veggie garden box as required.
What Makes Trade Tested Different?
If you’re a New Zealand gardener looking to get your hands on quality veggie planter boxes, NZ Trade Tested has a great variety of colours, sizes, and height options to fit your space at a low price. We offer a minimum one-year warranty on our gardening products.
Order raised garden beds NZ-wide today
Save money on a veggie planter box for your home at Trade Tested. Then, get your vegetable planter box and garden beds into shape with our range of wheelbarrows
, garden bags
, power tools
and garden tools
, all at a great price. If you need help choosing your raised garden boxes, contact us
via email or phone or view our products at our Auckland store.