Returns of non-faulty items require proof of purchase and goods must come back to us in unopened, unused, resaleable condition in original packaging with all manuals and accessories, within 30 days. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If your return qualifies, we'll happily provide you with an exchange or store credit.
If your item is faulty this policy does not apply, instead you will be eligible for remedy under the warranty policy as detailed below.
Everything we sell comes with a minimum 12 month parts & labour warranty, and for some items we offer even longer warranties. Additional details can be found in the product description.
Our standard warranty process is as follows. However all warranty claims are treated on a case by case basis and we do our best to resolve issues in an efficient manner.
1. Contact us for warranty authorisation and provide all relevant information. We will either need photos or verification of the issue from one of our service agents.
2. For minor defects (repairable) we will either send replacement parts or refer you to one of our local service agents.
3. For major defects (not repairable) we will either replace the item or offer store credit/refund.
We will always endeavour to repair or replace faulty goods within their warranty period. If we cannot do this within a reasonable period of time we will offer store credit or a refund. Exception may be made in the case of damage to or misuse of the item. This includes negligent operation, improper assembly, inadequate maintenance, unauthorised repairs and modifications. Limits in cover will apply for businesses. Limitations apply to no rust warranty for sea spray zones or coastal environments. Proof of purchase is required and warranties are not transferable. Freight damage or missing parts must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery.
In the case of repair of motorised products, you will be required to take the unit to one of our nationwide service agents. We will then do our best to repair or replace the item, and get it back to you within a reasonable timeframe. If on examination the goods are found to not be in breach of any warranty or applicable consumer guarantee, Trade Tested or the service agent may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
All warranty claims must first be approved by a Trade Tested representative.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ('CGA'), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods [and services] you buy. These are called 'consumer guarantees', and include the following:
1. A guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are:
• fit for all the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied;
• free from minor defects;
• durable; and
• acceptable in appearance and finish
2. A guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you, or for which we represent that they are or will be fit;
3. A guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied; and
4. A guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample or demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such sample or model.
If the goods we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer directly.
The CGA does not apply where the goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods; and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they had not been used in the manner or to that extent.
If you are acquiring goods (or services) from Trade Tested for business purposes as defined in sections 2 and 43 of the CGA, you agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply to the supply of those goods (or services).
If you have an issue relating to your order please contact us, providing all relevant details and your order number.
Any shipping costs to return the original goods will be at the cost of Trade Tested, where Trade Tested considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee. If on examination of goods returned to Trade Tested, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, Trade Tested may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
Refunds will normally be processed within seven (7) days. Refunds will only be processed to the original payment method used. If you paid by cash at our Auckland Store any refund will be paid by bank deposit, since we don't keep cash on site.