Returns & Warranty Policy
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Our 30 day money back guarantee gives you time to make sure your purchase is perfect. If you need to return a product for any reason, we'll happily provide you with an exchange, store credit or full refund. This policy applies to purchases made online, over the phone or in our Auckland Store.
The 30 day period starts from the date of delivery or collection and items must be received back before the end of the 30 day period. Under this policy all returns require proof of purchase, goods must come back to us in unopened, unused, resaleable condition in original packaging and shipping costs are non-refundable.
Additional requirements apply to certain categories:
• Kitset/assembly products are not able to be returned once packaging has been opened.
• Products with a petrol or diesel engine cannot be returned if they have been filled with fuel and/or oil.
To return an item under this policy, firstly contact us for an authorisation number and return instructions. If you purchased from our Auckland Store we recommend contacting us first, but you're also welcome to return your item there directly.
Everything we sell comes with a minimum 12 month parts & labour warranty, and for some items we even offer even longer warranties. Additional details can be found in the product description.
Our standard warranty process is as follows. However all warranty claims are treated on a case by case basis and we will do our best to resolve in an efficient manner.
1. Contact us for warranty authorisation and provide all relevant information. Sometimes we will need photos.
2. For minor defects (repairable) we will either send replacement parts or refer you to one of our local service agents.
3. For major defects (not repairable) we will either replace the item or refund.
We will always endeavour to repair or replace faulty goods within their warranty period. If we cannot do this within a reasonable period of time we will offer a refund. Exception may be made in the case of damage to or misuse of the item. This includes negligent operation, improper assembly, inadequate maintenance, unauthorised repairs and modifications. Limits in cover will apply for businesses. Proof of purchase is required and warranties are not transferable. Freight damage or missing parts must be reported to us within 24 hours of delivery.
In the case of repair of motorised products, you will be required to take the unit to one of our nationwide service agents. We will then do our best to repair or replace the item, and get it back to you within a reasonable timeframe. If on examination the goods are found to not be in breach of any warranty or applicable consumer guarantee, Trade Tested or the service agent may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
All warranty claims must first be approved by a Trade Tested representative.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ('CGA'), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods [and services] you buy. These are called 'consumer guarantees', and include the following:
1. A guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are:
• fit for all the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied;
• free from minor defects;
• durable; and
• acceptable in appearance and finish
2. A guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you, or for which we represent that they are or will be fit;
3. A guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied; and
4. A guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample or demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such sample or model.
If the goods we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer directly.
The CGA does not apply where the goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods; and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they had not been used in the manner or to that extent.
If you are acquiring goods (or services) from Trade Tested for business purposes as defined in sections 2 and 43 of the CGA, you agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply to the supply of those goods (or services).
If you have an issue relating to your order please contact us, providing all relevant details and your order number.
Any shipping costs to return the original goods will be at the cost of Trade Tested, where Trade Tested considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee. If on examination of goods returned to Trade Tested, the goods are found to not be in breach of any consumer guarantee, Trade Tested may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
Refunds will normally be processed within seven (7) days. Refunds will only be processed to the original payment method used. If you paid by cash at our Auckland Store any refund will be paid by bank deposit, since we don't keep cash on site.