Choosing the Right Chainsaw
When choosing a chainsaw, petrol is always best. Don't bother with electric as they will only work well for small branches. An air cooling system is essential - the motor heats up quickly due to a high power engine and saw friction. You will want a 2-stroke chainsaw as they are lightweight, compact, while providing high power - 4 strokes are heavy, cumbersome, and low in power. Two-stroke chainsaws can function in any position of cutting while 4-strokes will operate only in a fixed position. Trade Tested selects the best two-stroke chainsaws with air cooling for our customers.
Power Rating and Length
- - 52cc Chainsaw is for smaller jobs like cutting branches for firewood, but has more than enough power to cut down trees. If you are less experienced using a chainsaw choose this model as it is more manageable.
- - 65cc Heavy Duty is an excellent all-round professional chainsaw - the added power gives it edge.
- - 72cc Heavy Duty is our most powerful chainsaw. For professional use - for those looking for the best.
NOTE: If you are cutting hardwood, choose a High Power 72cc Chainsaw.
Safety and Maintenance
- - Sharpen your chain often - this will extend its life and effectiveness.
- - You can buy replacement chains from us.
- - Use the best 2-cycle oil, designed for air cooled engines.
- - Wear approved protective gear: safety pants with chaps, safety boots, helmet with visor glasses, hearing protection, and gloves.
Any questions please Contact Us.