Chainsaw Buying Guide
When choosing a proper chainsaw, go for a petrol model. Electric are fine, but will only work well for small branches. We recommend a 2-stroke chainsaw as it’s a bit more versatile and can be used in various cutting positions. 4-strokes can be heavy, cumbersome and only operate when fixed.
What's Right for You?
• 52cc Chainsaw - Great for smaller jobs like cutting branches for firewood and has more than enough power to cut down trees. If you are less experienced using a chainsaw, choose this one as it’s easy to use.
• 65cc Heavy Duty - An excellent all-round professional chainsaw. The added power gives it edge. Has a 24 inch bar, giving flexibility for tackling bigger jobs.
• 72cc Heavy Duty - Our most powerful chainsaw and the only choice if you’re going to be cutting hardwoods. Has a 24 inch bar, giving flexibility for tackling bigger jobs. Mainly for professional.
• Remember to wear approved protective gear: safety pants with chaps, safety boots, helmet with visor glasses, hearing protection, and gloves.
• Sharpening your chain often will extend its life and effectiveness.
• You can buy replacement chains for all our models right here.
• Use premium 2-cycle oil, designed for air cooled engines.
Still need more help?
Either send us an email or give us a bell during office hours on 0800 800 880.